[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot boots proprietary applications?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 31 02:05:36 CEST 2006

In message <c3d0340b0605301146i3313656dy8d5768c313af68a9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> A quick question on the license issue. If I understand correctly,
> U-Boot can boot proprietary applications that are not licensed under
> GPL such as VxWorks. There is a boot hook for VxWorks in the
> distribution.

I see no point where the license could be not clear  about  this.  As
long  as  you  don't  link against U-Boot code, or use U-Boot code to
otherwise create derived works, you can do whatever you want.

> Would you please confirm that?

ACK.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The face of war has never changed.  Surely it is more logical to heal
than to kill.
	-- Surak of Vulcan, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5