[U-Boot-Users] Which configuration?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed May 31 10:11:48 CEST 2006

Hi Norman,

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 09:52, Norman Baier wrote:
> I would like to update the U-Boot of my embedded jukebox. It has a PPC 405
> CPU without FPU.

Which one? 405GR, 405GPr, 405CR, 405EP? Or something else? It's not easy to
recommened a board that fits your need the best without any knowledge about
it.

Also good to know would be what kind of FLASH  you use (type and width), and
how the SDRAM is connected to your CPU (DIMM module or onboard).

With such informations you can look through the different 405 board config
files and chose the one that fits the best to your custom design.

> I was reading the documentation on the denx site and the
> README in the source distribution, but I did not really find out which
> configuration would best fit me. Can you please point me to some good
> documentation? What are TQM8xxl boards and how do I find out, whether or
> not I have one?

TQM8xxl are MPC8xx based CPU modules from TQ Components.

Best regards,
Stefan