[U-Boot-Users] Which configuration?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed May 31 14:55:53 CEST 2006

Hi Norman,

please keep the list cc'ed.

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 14:43, Norman Baier wrote:
> > Which one? 405GR, 405GPr, 405CR, 405EP? Or something else? It's not easy
> > recommened a board that fits your need the best without any knowledge
> > about
> > it.
>
> From the log on the serial port during startup:
>
> U-Boot 0.4.8 (Apr 14 2005 - 17:37:39)
>
> CPU:   IBM PowerPC 405EP Rev. B at 300 MHz (PLB=100, OPB=50, EBC=33 MHz)
>        IIC Boot EEPROM enabled
>        PCI async ext clock used, internal PCI arbiter enabled
>        16 kB I-Cache 16 kB D-Cache
> Board: ### No HW ID - assuming WALNUT405
>

> So its an EP. How reliable ist the Walnut405 assumption?

No. Walnut is the 405GP eval board. Seems that board port was kind of a quick
hack, when such inaccurate information is still in the object.

> > Also good to know would be what kind of FLASH  you use (type and width),
> > and
> > how the SDRAM is connected to your CPU (DIMM module or onboard).
>
> RAM is onboard, but I am not very experienced in hardware and would not be
> able to tell which on the FLASH chip is.

As Wolfgang already told you, please contact the board manufacturer to get the
U-Boot source. That's definately the best start to get it ported to the
current U-Boot version.

Best regards,
Stefan