[U-Boot-Users] Sector size with CFI driver?

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Wed Nov 1 18:47:11 CET 2006

Timur Tabi wrote:

> Ok, I put the above change into cfi_flash.c, and now it works!  Can
> someone explain to me why?  Does U-Boot not normally support "top
> boot" flash?  If so, is there a better way of doing this?

I know U-Boot support both "top boot" and "bottom boot" as I used an top
boot Intel flash on our board until hardware guys replaced it with the
bottom boot version that we actually wanted (we used smaller sectors for
U-Boot environment). As I pointed out in my response to other message
your flash part is returning the geometry in reversed order.