[U-Boot-Users] Where does U-Boot's CFI driver check for top/bottom boot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 5 10:31:17 CET 2006

In message <454D991C.5080602 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> I will check MTD CFI driver when I have a bit of free time. I just sent
> an email to the list regarding what I learned from AMD CFI
> specifications. It looks like if we can enumerate those early top/bottom
> devices that use AMD CFI 1.0 specification, we can come up with a patch
> that can handle this case transparently. AMD specification specifies two

There once was the  idea  that  U-Boot's  internal  flash  ID's  (the
FLASH_*  definitions  in  "include/flash.h" would encode this (quote:
Odd numbers are "bottom  boot  sector"  types).  Maybe  this  can  be
reused.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a child is taught ... its programmed with simple instructions --
and at some point, if its mind develops properly, it exceeds the  sum
of what it was taught, thinks independently.
	-- Dr. Richard Daystrom, "The Ultimate Computer",
	   stardate 4731.3.