[U-Boot-Users] Where does U-Boot's CFI driver check for top/bottom boot?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Nov 6 23:00:12 CET 2006

Tolunay Orkun wrote:

> I just looked at the datasheet of your flash part as well as datasheet
> of a couple of intel flash parts as well as the current code. As I
> suspected for your particular part, it looks like they are using the
> same values for "Erase Bank Area 1" and "Erase Bank Area 2" irrespective
> of top boot or bottom boot flash. I think, this is fundamentally wrong
> and non-compliant with the general CFI standard.

Using the PDF you specified, I see that my chip has a value of 03h for the
"Top/Bottom Boot Sector Flag", at offset (P+F)h.  That indicates a top-boot,
which is correct (smaller sectors at the end of memory).

Why can't we just check this byte if we're on an AMD part, and adjust accordingly?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale