[U-Boot-Users] u-boot as second monitor

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Nov 7 17:48:11 CET 2006

Francisco Afonso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a TQM823L board that comes with the Mon8xx monitor. I have read
> about how to install uboot over Mon8xx, but I would like to know if it
> is possible to generate u-boot  for a different flash address and call

Yes, that's possible.

> it after the Mon8xx boot. If so what should I change in the uboot code?

One problem is if Mon8xx initializes the hardware before calling U-Boot.
U-Boot may not work if some hardware is already initialized before U-Boot
starts.  I have this problem with my BDI-2000 hardware debugger.  If I let the
BDI initialize flash (so that I can write to it), U-Boot will hang when it starts.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale