[U-Boot-Users] mtest boundaries

matthew millman matthew.millman at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Tue Nov 7 20:54:52 CET 2006

I'm not sure if this'll help you but I generally found that you couldn't
get full coverage with the 'mtest' command.

To get around this I implemented some code which optionally intervenes
just before U-Boot relocates it's self, to run a full memory test,
taking into account the limited available resources when running in this
mode.

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 06:44:42PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> It would also definitely help if you provided a  *bit*  more
detail,
> like which architecture you are talking about, etc.

I'm using MIPS/au1x00 and ARM/PXA2xx, but I think this should be a
general issue since the "mtest" command is not architectural
dependent.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e- mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127

security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre- integrated technology to make your job
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-
us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642