[U-Boot-Users] mtest boundaries

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 7 20:58:47 CET 2006

In message <20061107174935.GA28991 at gundam.enneenne.com> you wrote:

> I'm using MIPS/au1x00 and ARM/PXA2xx, but I think this should be a
> general issue since the "mtest" command is not architectural
> dependent.

But the memory mapo is  NOT  independent  of  the  architecture.  For
example,  on  PowerPC U-Boot will relocate itself always to the upper
end of available RAM, auto-adjusting to different RAM sizes. For  ARM
or  MIPS  this  is  not  the  case,  there  it  will reside at a pre-
determined fixed address.

Since you are on ARM and MIPS, you just have to look up the used
address ranges in your memory map.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I wish Captain Vimes were here. He wouldn't have  known  what  to  do
either, but he's got a much better vocabulary to be baffled in.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_