[U-Boot-Users] 85xx SPD LAW setup issue?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Nov 10 15:20:27 CET 2006

On Nov 10, 2006, at 8:01 AM, Timur Tabi wrote:

> John Traill wrote:
>
>> The original intent was to keep LAWBAR0 free to allow external
>> agents to initialise a different Boot Rom Interface.
>
> Could you please explain that in a little more detail?  I'm not
> really sure I understand what you're talking about, but I have a
> strange feeling that I need to.

The idea is that you could have a system with multiple 85xx
processors in it.  One can act as master and the others as slaves/
agents and lets say they are all connected over RapidIO.  Having
LAWBAR0 free allows for the master to come in and setup a global
memory map for the whole system.  John's probably got better details
as I think that's what he did for the RapidIO based 85xx system he had.

- k