[U-Boot-Users] Reg. porting to pT-110 (ARM7TDMI??)

Joe Steeve joe at sliceware.com
Fri Nov 10 16:45:51 CET 2006

Jeff Mock wrote:
> I know a bit about the picoturbo core, I'm pretty sure that is a
> regulation v4 implementation of the ARM architecture.  It should be
> equivalent to the "TDMI" type of ARM processor like the ARM7TDMI.

Ok., thats what I've assumed. Hope I dont run into surprises. :-S

> I thought picoturbo signed over all of the pt-1xx assets over to ARM
> as part of the patent lawsuit resolution and ARM killed the design?

Yeah., it did. And., the PicoTurbo site is no more. And., no manuals for
that core around either. :(

> What is this board you have?  Is it something old or did the
> picoturbo designs come back to life?

This is a board provided by SigmaDesigns based on their 8620L product
(http://www.sigmadesigns.com/public/Products/EM8620L/EM8620L_series.html).

In the u-boot sources., I dont see a CPU architecture for ARM7TDMI., but
I do see a folder for ARM720T which ARM's site says belongs to the same
ARM7 family. I guess that'll be my starting point :)

--
Joe Steeve
Sliceware Private Limited