[U-Boot-Users] Running u-boot from Flash itself

Selvamuthukumar V selva.subs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:34:11 CET 2006

Hi,
      I'm woriking on a custom MPC8540 board. I configured L2 cache as
SRAM and I'm able to relocate u-boot to L2 SRAM and run it. Is there
any way to run u-boot from flash itself, (i.e) relocating only the R/W
sections? I tried to relocate the u-boot from the end of
rotext(_erotext in the .lds file). But the global variable addresses
still shows flash address. I guess updating register R30 will point to
the correct address, and it is done in these statements?
        /* First our own GOT */
        add     r14, r14, r15
        /* the the one used by the C code */
        add     r30, r30, r15

  Is there any other modifications do I need to run from flash? First
of all is this possible?

     --Thanks,
         Selva