[U-Boot-Users] copy to flash ... outside available flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 13 20:38:55 CET 2006

In message <4558A10C.8090207 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> What flash driver are you using? This is not the output from standard
> cfi_flash.c

That's an old custom flash driver. IIRC, the very first one ever in
U-Boot resp. PPCBoot.

> What is your exact cp command. Are you using cp.b or just cp? If you are

That's muy guess, too.

> Also, I did not verify this but the cp command as it is implemented now
> probably requires the start and end address to reside in a single flash
> bank. Even if your two flashes have contiguous addresses assigned they
> are still two banks. If you need to copy to flash that spans over two
> banks you will probably need to split that into two operations.

No, this should NOT be necessary.

[And if it was, I'd consider it a bug.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When properly administered, vacations do not  diminish  productivity:
for every week you're away and get nothing done, there's another when
your boss is away and you get twice as much done.  -- Daniel B. Luten