[U-Boot-Users] AT91 Kernel oops when loading kernel from dataflash.

Raúl Sánchez Siles rss at barracuda.es
Wed Nov 15 17:08:53 CET 2006

El Lunes, 13 de Noviembre de 2006 11:30, escribió:
> El Jueves, 9 de Noviembre de 2006 08:02, Ulf Samuelsson escribió:
> > Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
> > >   Hello all:
> > >
> > >   We're using an AT91RM9200 based board called Portux920T. We have
> > > now a quite stable kernel and u-boot configuration which I attach. We
> > > manage to include a dataflash inside the portux board and get it to
> > > work. At least almost, please read on.
> >

> > >   We have 64MB Ram and we have tried using 64MB 32bit wide and 32MB
> > > 16bit wide. Flash and Dataflash are both 4MB.
> > >   We will much appreciated whatever info or test that could take out
> > > from this works but... situation. Thank you very much.
> > >
> > >   Regards,
>
>   Looking at this scheme, one could think that the problem is on the 1st
> stage bootloader. We have tried the binary provided by atmel, several
> others binaries seen on the internet, we have compiled it ourselves using
> u-boot initialisation routines, or without them.

...And indeed it was on the first stage bootloader. There was a problem with
the SDRAMC Configuration Register. The problem was that the bootloader we
took were for boards using 16MB of RAM, 16bit wide, while the Portux board
has 2 32MB chips, 16bit wide each one.

  We modified the 1st bootloader source, so that the SDRAMC_CR programming
changes the NR (Number of Row bits) from 12 to 13. That was the problem.

  If anyone needs further clarification, just ask.

  Thank you for the advises.

  Regards,

--
Raúl Sánchez Siles