[U-Boot-Users] U-boot reset command on MPC8548CDS

Dan Malek dan at embeddedalley.com
Wed Nov 15 18:53:59 CET 2006

On Nov 15, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Thomas Schafer wrote:

> Is this a known issue? Why is the RAM not longer accessible after the
> 2nd initialization?

The software 'reset' in u-boot only causes the
e500 core to reset, none of the peripherals nor
memory controllers.  Whacking the DDR setup
again in this state just makes a big mess.

The only proper way to do this is with a board
design where you can drive the external reset
out of the processor, with external hardware that
will then "loop" this back as a hard reset.  See
HRESET_REQ in the RSTCR.  It's a simple patch
that I guess I could submit :-)  Not all board
designs support this, though.

Thanks.

	-- Dan