[U-Boot-Users] ixdp465 support

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Sat Nov 18 09:03:56 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 10:22, Claudio Scordino wrote:
> > Note 3: For CFI conformant flash chips you should use the CFI driver
> > 	instead of a custom one.
>
> If I'm not wrong, IXP425 uses a custom driver too. That's why we chose
> to go for a custom driver.

There is no "IXP425" target in the current U-Boot tree. The "ixdp425"
and "ixdpg425" targets both use the CFI driver. Only the "pdnb3" uses a
custom driver because of a non CFI compliant FLASH.

Please recheck if your board has CFI compatible FLASH's and if so, reconfigure
your config file to use the CFI driver.

> > Note 4: Your patch violates the coding style (C++ comments,
> > 	trailing white space, indentation not by TABs, etc.). Please
> > 	cleanup.
>
> We'll fix this.
> BTW, why indentation should not done by TABs ? In the Linux kernel code
> the use of TABs is mandatory...

Yes. Wolfgang meant you used indentation with spaces in some places. Please
change this to tabs.

> > So please clean up your code, fix the license issue, and (re-) submit
> > your code on u-boot-users.
>
> Ok. I don't know exactly when the final patch will be ready. In the
> meanwhile we put a new version (slightly better) on the same URL for
> those people that can't wait the final version.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan