[U-Boot-Users] [GIT PULL] AVR32 relocation

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:07:12 CET 2006

On 11/20/06, Tolunay Orkun <listmember at orkun.us> wrote:

> Haavard Skinnemoen wrote:
>
> > Now, I would like to use the cfi driver with the AT49BV6416 chip on
> > atstk1000 instead of the custom driver, but unfortunately, it doesn't
> > work. I'll have a closer look at it later (I think it's a combination
> > of the geometry reversal issue and a special non-intel unlocking
> > algorithm.)
>
> Try the latest cfi driver from git. My patch to address geometry
> reversal for AMD style flash was applied today.

Thanks, but I already tried the latest patch I could find in my inbox.
After I added a special case for AT49BV6416, it got the geometry
right, but it still needs to learn how to "soft unlock" sectors before
erasing/programming.

We could of course just unlock the whole thing at initialization time,
like Linux does. AMD-style chips aren't supposed to be locked after
reset.

Haavard