[U-Boot-Users] Eldk-4.0 mips_4KC-gcc building linux-2.4.31 error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 21 12:57:51 CET 2006

In message <5049F8BE55F36348A315EFBE6CF34386AB2E1A at sinse301.ap.infineon.com> you wrote:

> 	I am using eldk-4.0 mips_4KC to build linux-2.4.31 and stumbled
> at this error:

this is tro be expected. Using gcc-4.x on a 2.4.x  kernel  will  show
lots of problems. The easy ones are the compile time problems you see
here.  The  more  "interesting" ones are the runtime issues, when GCC
optimized away some code that you need.

But what has this to do with U-Boot? Souns very much off topic here.

> 	Any advice and insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Either fix your kernel tree to work with GCC-4.x,  or  use  an  older
compiler (like from ELDK 3.1.1).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quantum particles: The dreams that stuff is made of.