[U-Boot-Users] MC68360 port

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Nov 23 11:35:37 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 09:06, Matvejchikov Ilya wrote:
> 2006/11/22, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de>:
> > Some comments:
> > - Are you sure that you can't use the common CFI FLASH driver?
>
> No, I'am not sure about it. Is it so important?

Yes. Most of the board specific FLASH driver are error prone, since the code
and it's error are copied over and over again. This is not maintainable. The
CFI driver has a very broad test basis and is maintained quite good.

And a new board port with a board specific flash driver that is not needed,
meaning when CFI compliant FLASH chips are used, will not be accepted
anymore.

What FLASH chips are you using?

> > - Please don't use C++ style comments.
> > - Use tabs for indentation (for example in board/mc68360/mc68360.c).
> > - Please rework your board config file. There is no comment at all
> >   so this is not readable.
>
> ok

Thanks.

Best regards,