[U-Boot-Users] MC68360 port

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Sun Nov 26 07:19:23 CET 2006

(resending from correct address, please reply to this mail instead)

Stefan Roese wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2006 17:42, Matvejchikov Ilya wrote:
>>> And a new board port with a board specific flash driver that is not
>>> needed, meaning when CFI compliant FLASH chips are used, will not be
>>> accepted anymore.
>>>
>>> What FLASH chips are you using?
>> Unfortunately, we are use very old AMD flash chips - AM29F800BT. They
>> are not CFI compliant.
>
> Autsch. OK, that's a different story then.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan

Most of cfi_flash is probably usable for a non-cfi flash part.

The cfi detection etc. will not work but perhaps if we preset the
interface settings from board configuration and do a jedec probe and
setup some of the timing based on jedec probe we might be able to use
the cfi flash driver for non-cfi flash as well. This should eliminate
more custom board drivers. Someone else also was asking if cfi flash
driver is able to handle a cfi flash and non-cfi flash at the same time.
Perhaps we can handle that as well.

This week, I might be able to come up with such an extension patch. I do
not have such an environment to test but with someone taking some time
doing testing and providing feedback, I can manage to do this.

Best regards,
Tolunay