[U-Boot-Users] : MPC8360: CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR

matthew millman matthew.millman at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Sun Nov 26 21:28:10 CET 2006

One thing the README doesn't appear to touch on in the section
describing it (I'm sure it does somewhere else it's 3500 lines of it's
'correctness') is that when using data cache for CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR, then
CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR doesn't end up pointing to anything real (but there is
a BAT covering it (MPC82xx), and with caching turned on) in which case
provided that you never exceed the size of the locked part of cache,
nothing ever ends up going out to the local bus, and that makes
pseudo-ram.

Although it sounds like 0xE6000000 would be an address normally
assigned to the CPM, in which case the CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR part of the
README is valid, but maybe not???

>>> "ananthsl at libero.it" <ananthsl at libero.it> 11/26/06 11:34 pm >>>
Hi,
In the uboot code for a MPC8360- based evaluation board, the initial
RAM address (CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR) is set to 0xE6000000. But, this address
is not mapped to any device nor to the Internal config. registers in the
board memory map.

If I need to port uboot , how do I decide what address to use for the
CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR?

Thanks and Regards,
Ananth.

Passa a Infostrada. ADSL e Telefono senza limiti e senza canone
Telecom
http://click.libero.it/infostrada26nov06