[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Nov 27 22:48:17 CET 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>> So one suggested to me a while back that I should just program LBLAWAR1 to 16MB
>> for everyone.  But then what do I do if a new system comes out with 32MB of
>> flash?  Or more?  LBLAWAR1 supports up to 2GB of flash.
>
> I think it is a good idea to have the maximum size configurable.

That's why I wrote that code - to make it board configurable.

>> U-Boot will report whatever flash_init() says, which is typically calculated by
>> querying the hardware.
>
> Will the mapping be adjusted as well?

Not on any 83xx board.

Maybe it does in misc_init_r() of tqm85xx.c, but I'm not sure.  It programs
OR0/BR0 and maybe OR1/BR1, but not LBLAWAR1, but I don't know what affect that
has.  But since that's an 85xx board, this code doesn't apply.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale