[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git

Dan Malek dan at embeddedalley.com
Tue Nov 28 01:25:08 CET 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 4:48 PM, Timur Tabi wrote:

> Not on any 83xx board.

Why not?  It shouldn't be any different from other
PowerPC cores that do it.  I've done it on other
83xx boards, and in fact is quite easy if you
use the low boot vector.

All of my 83xx boards had to go back to clients,
but I'll try to find another one to test out a patch
and send it.

> Maybe it does in misc_init_r() of tqm85xx.c, but I'm not sure.  It
> programs
> OR0/BR0 and maybe OR1/BR1, but not LBLAWAR1, but I don't know what
> affect that
> has.

Considering your employer, you should know :-)

>   But since that's an 85xx board, this code doesn't apply.

Oh come on.  :-) The beauty of these processor variants
is their incredible similarity.  The further beauty of the
83xx is we get the nice bus controller with the
traditional PowerPC core.

Take the time to understand both the processor
technology and the features of U-Boot.  Using
the CFI driver with compliant flash (which is
nearly everything these days), the only flash
configuration variable should be the maximum
size of the local bus window you want to allocate
to flash.

Thanks.

	-- Dan