[U-Boot-Users] Can U-boot support CFI and None CFI devices on the same board

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:39:48 CET 2006

On 11/28/06, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
> Hmmm. When I understood Tolunay correctly (Tolunay, please correct me if I am
> wrong here), he _does_ want to use most of the CFI drivers functions like
> erasing and programming for those non CFI compatible FLASH's too. Most of
> those devices are kind of AMD compatible, so this should be possible with not
> too many changes.

It seems to me that for older non-CFI AMD devices, it shouldn't be too
hard to use the cfi driver, intercept execution in flash_detect_cfi()
or flash_get_size(), fill in the flash_info_t structure appropriately
for the device, and continue on with most of the code being none the
wiser about what happened.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.