[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git (I2C rework)

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Tue Nov 28 19:17:58 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 12:04 -0600, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>
> > I think that the I2C_READ and I2C_WRITE #defines in fsl_i2c.h conflicts
> > with
> > soft I2C.
>
> Can you be more specific?  These two macros are defined in a variety of ways in
> U-Boot.  Soft I2C is not used on any Freescale parts (AFAIK).

While it's not used on any Freescale evaluation boards, it could
certainly be implemented on boards with Freescale CPUs.  I'm not sure
why you'd bit-bang I2C if you have nice hardware controllers, but there
may be situations where this makes sense.  On the other hand, I don't
know if SOFT_I2C and HARD_I2C can co-exist.

Either way, I don't think we should preclude the use of SOFT I2C on
Freescale CPUs.

regards,
Ben