[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git (I2C rework)

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Tue Nov 28 19:43:07 CET 2006

I use it in u-boot to send an I2C reset sequence*
which the hardware controller can't do(or so Freescale tells me).
Futhermore, one can not use the I2C pins as GPIO on
these parts, so I had to connect two pins from PORT D** to
the I2C bus to do the bitbanging. If someone knows if this
can be done differently, I am all ears.

so I removed I2C_READ/I2C_WRITE from asm-ppc/i2c.h
and renamed I2C_READ to I2C_READ_BIT(same for write)
locally in cpu/mpc83xx/i2c.c(now renamed to fsl-i2c.c)

* The reset sequence in soft i2c isn't complete. One has
  to send a start in each clock cycle as well.

** Something isn't working properly with PORTD in ODR mode.
   I have change direction from output to input for SDA in
   I2C_TRISTATE. It should be enough to set SDA high since
   its open drain.

 Jocke