[U-Boot-Users] u-boot hangs after relocating itself to ram

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 28 22:05:25 CET 2006

In message <ekhurb$vvk$1 at sea.gmane.org> you wrote:

> I have ported u-boot to a custom board based on a freescale mpc5200. I
> can successfully copy u-boot into flash using the connected bdi2000 and
> we get some output on the debug port. It seems that the board crashes
> right after relocation to ram (see output). I already
> read the regarding faq entry but I'm not sure if this problem has
> something to do with faulty sdram initialization.

Guess why the FAQ is there?

> Can this be a sdram related problem or what might cause this behavior?

Please re-read the FAQ.

> Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

The FAQ is based on (a)  a  lot  of  experience  and  (b)  a  lot  of
questions from engineers who've been there before you. Don't ignore
it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
As long as we're going to reinvent the wheel again, we might as  well
try making it round this time.                        - Mike Dennison