[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Wed Nov 29 08:18:08 CET 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 14:46:06 +0100 (MET)
Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:

> Hi Kim,
>
> On Saturday 04 November 2006 03:11, Kim Phillips wrote:
> > Please pull from 'master' branch of:
> >
> >   http://opensource.freescale.com/pub/scm/u-boot-83xx.git
> >
> > to receive the following updates (essentially MPC8349mITX and MPC8360EMDS
> > support):
>
> I did a quick check. The overall impression is quite good. Thanks a lot
> for your contribution (and you colleagues too of course).

thanks for your thorough review.

> Here a few notes:
>
> - Please don't add changelog comments in the files (like in
>   cpu/mpc83xx/i2c.c or spd_sdram.c). Instead please remove all the
>   file internal changelog comments, since we decided to only use
>   git for this history.

all change log commentary has been removed.

> - I won't comment on the "support for multiple I2C buses" in this mail,
>   since it's done by Ben Warren. I'll will send a separate mail for this.

Timur addressed these issues.

> - Please add the missing entries to the MAINTAINERS files (MPC8349EMDS &
>   MPC8360EMDS).

done.

> Another idea (this would also affect the other Freescale board ports):
> What do you think of moving all your Freescale board ports into a
> Freescale board directory (as done for AMCC or esd for example).
> So we would get something like:
>
>   board/freescale/mpc8349emds
>   board/freescale/mpc8349itx
>   board/freescale/mpc8360emds
>   board/freescale/common	(if needed)
>
> This way we would not "pollute" the main board directory too much.
> Especially when thinking of additional Freescale board, which
> hopefully will come...
>
> We could start with the mpc83xx boards and contine soon with the
> 85xx and 86xx eval boards (and so on...).

understood.

> Here some further remarks to your patches:

these issues have been addressed by Timur.

> > +ulong get_ddr_clk(ulong dummy)
> > +{
> > +	return gd->ddr_clk;
> > +}
>
> Hmmm. Is this function really needed?

it has been removed.

> I also do get some warning upon compiling for MPC8349ITX:
> mpc8349itx.c: In function 'misc_init_r':
> mpc8349itx.c:398: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'i2c_read' differ in signedness
> mpc8349itx.c:443: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'i2c_write' differ in signedness

Timur fixed this.

> And for MPC8360EMDS:
> uccf.c: In function 'ucc_set_clk_src':
> uccf.c:121: warning: 'reg_num' is used uninitialized in this function
> uccf.c:105: warning: 'shift' may be used uninitialized in this function
> uccf.c:103: warning: 'p_cmxucr' may be used uninitialized in this function
>
> Could you please clean this up too?

done.

> Thanks a lot for your patience. ;-)

please pull from 'master' branch of:

  http://opensource.freescale.com/pub/scm/u-boot-83xx.git

to receive the following updates, in addition to those from the last request:

Joakim Tjernlund:
      Fix I2C master address initialization.
      Make fsl-i2c not conflict with SOFT I2C

Kim Phillips:
      Eliminate gcc 4 'used uninitialized' warnings in drivers/qe/uccf.c
      Assign maintainers for mpc8349emds and mpc8360emds

Timur Tabi:
      mpc83xx: Miscellaneous code style fixes

Thanks,

Kim