[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git (I2C rework)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 29 17:50:52 CET 2006

In message <456CA573.4020103 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> How do we handle the case that there is one hard I2C interface and
> another soft I2C interface (bus) via a pair of GPIO port pins? I have a
> PPC405EP based custom board that has such a case and I was looking
> forward to enabling multiple I2C bus support in U-Boot via both SOFT_I2C
> as well as HARD_I2C defined.

Good question. I guess you're the first one who wants to do this,  so
you  will  have  to  sort  out  the  problems. I agree that this is a
reasonable request, it's  just  that  it  has  never  been  attempted
before.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I came home the other night and tried to open the door  with  my  car
keys...and  the  building started up. So I took it out for a drive. A
cop pulled me over for speeding. He asked me where I  live...  "Right
here".                                                - Steven Wright