[U-Boot-Users] Re : MV64460 Burst reads from BootCS

sebastien.douheret sebastien.douheret at laposte.net
Mon Oct 2 09:43:35 CEST 2006

	Hi,
Marvell MV64460 only supports burst reads/writes on 32bits
width peripherals ;-(
I have the same issue with a Lauterbach probe. You must deny
burst on BootCS if this peripheral is not 32bits width !
This restriction also penalize boot process ! If your boot
flash is 16 or 8 bits witdh, you can't directly execute
instructions in flash. Because CPU like MPC74xx always load
instructions with burst reads.

Regards.
Sebastien.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:19:12 +0200
> From: "Roel Loeffen" <roel.loeffen at prodrive.nl>
> Subject: [U-Boot-Users] MV64460 Burst reads from BootCS
> To: <u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
<7826EB01AD927140A1DCF898FE63325D0D91B1 at ExchangeSrv.Prodrive.nl>

> Hi all,
>
> We discover some serious problems accessing flash at BootCS
> of the Marvell MV64460. It looks like burst reads make the
> whole bridge hang. >From inside U-Boot as well as using only
> the BDI2000 debugger.
>
> Reading the flash with bursts enabled (which is default),
> makes it sometimes impossible to access any
> registers/dram/devices anymore, only zeros can be read.
>
> It also freezes the CPU somehow the debugger cannot halt it
> anymore with a normal halt (COP halt), it has to use COP
> freeze to take over control again.
>
> I cannot say this problem does not occur accessing other
> spaces, so it can also be a problem at the PPC60x bus.
>
> Has anyone over excpirianced this before?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Roel

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste
sur www.laposte.net ou sur 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€ TTC /mn)
1 Giga de stockage gratuit – Antispam et antivirus intégrés