[U-Boot-Users] linux kernel porting bug

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 03:37:07 CEST 2006

Piyush Khandelwal stated on 9/24/2006 11:39 PM:
> Hi all,
>  We are porting linux kernel for an ARM11 board.
> During the bootup process, it hangs in Calibrate_delay()
> specifically it hangs on the while(ticks == jiffies);
>  wait loop.
>  We are not able to find what interrupt changes jiffies.
>
> Can we know what could be the problem.
Possibly a silly answer: jiffies increment.. timers that do the job is
messed up. check the HZ definition and ensure that timer ticks and
jiffies increment in that frequency. mebbe you might even have an
interrupt issue for the timer in question.
Regards,
Nishanth Menon