[U-Boot-Users] What's the status on erasing a nand flash with bad blocks?

mitsy mitsy12 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:04:37 CEST 2006

Hello list,

There was a discussion on how to handle the bad blocks when erasing
entire nand flash few month ago. I was curious to know what you all
decided on how to handle the issue.

Now I got a nand flash (Samsung) with 2 bad blocks and I can erase and
program it from kernel using flash_eraseall and nandwrite just fine.
However, from u-boot (I'm using a newer nand driver, btw) the erase
stops at the first bad block, as you know.

I'm little hesitant to just fix the code to skip the bad blocks during
erase/write since like it was discussed on the earlier thread,
kernel's mtd driver do it that way as well...

Any comments/update on this issue will be very helpful!

Thanks.