[U-Boot-Users] Booting linux on i386 processor from u-boot.

mushtaq khan mushtaqk_921 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 6 16:58:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

  I have configured the u-boot to sc520_cdp board.I am trying to boot linux on x86 platform.But, i am facing a problem, u-boot is crashing  when entering in to the realmode_enter(in file lib_i386/realmode_switch.S) routine.The image i am trying to boot is bzImage .I have changed the u-boot.lds file according to our system requirement(i have attach the lds file).I have changed macro BZIMAGE_LOAD_ADDR 0x100000 to 0x1000000, since my u-boot is setting at addr 0x100000.

  I went through the realmode_enter routine, i didn't get the point where there is jump to linux code.

  Can anyone guide me in this regard?

  Thanks,
  Mushtaq Khan.

 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India