[U-Boot-Users] Ocotea board patch

Gerald Jackson gerald.jackson at reaonixsecurity.com
Fri Oct 6 18:01:18 CEST 2006

There is an error in  the spd_sdram.c file in a loop statement that is wrong if you are using two Dimms.

It missing initializing a part of the second dimm.  So if you have a 1gig of memory it will show up as 768Megs.

I have correct this but need to know on the procedure for sending a patch?

 1730                         /*
   1731                          * enable the bank
   1732                          */
   1733                         cr |= SDRAM_BXCR_SDBE;
   1734
   1735                         for (i = 0; i < num_banks; i++) {
   1736                          if (dimm_num == 1)
   1737                          {
   1738                                 bank_parms[ctrl_bank_num[dimm_num]+i+1].        bank_size_bytes =       (4 * 1024 * 1024) * bank_size_id;
   1739                                 bank_parms[ctrl_bank_num[dimm_num]+i+1].        cr = cr;
   1740                          }
   1741                          else
   1742                          {
   1743                                 bank_parms[ctrl_bank_num[dimm_num]+i].ba        nk_size_bytes = (4 * 1024 * 1024) * bank_size_id;
   1744                                 bank_parms[ctrl_bank_num[dimm_num]+i].cr         = cr;
   1745                          }

Without the patch it initializing like this:
0 = 256M
1 = 256M
1= 256M
2= 256M