[U-Boot-Users] nand flash controller on 440ep/epx

Jeff Mann MannJ at embeddedplanet.com
Fri Oct 6 19:56:24 CEST 2006

It appears that the nand flash controller support recently added to
u-boot for the ppc400ep/epx only supports the use of a single nand chip.
The nand flash controller supports up to four devices using chip selects
0-3. I am working on making two devices work right now for my use, but I
would like to update the flash-controller support. I am open for
comments on this.

What I think I need to do is add an #config CFG_440_USENANDCONTROLLER
option and an entry into the nand_chip struct for holding the chip
select numbers for each chip. Then in addition to configuring an array
of nand bases {CFG_NAND_BASE} (which would all be the same address
because it is the address of the nand controller), the chip selects are
put in a configured array and put into the nand_chip nand struct. The
read and write functions would then need to be updated to enable the
right chip select in the nand controller config register too.

Comments? Suggestions? What am I missing?

-Jeff