[U-Boot-Users] Re : MV64460 Burst reads from BootCS

joe secund zamba0321 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 22:59:02 CEST 2006

Hi Roel

I've seen similar behavior using a MV64560 and power
PC processor using a Windriver ICE.

Basically I could not read the MV internal registers
correctly when I did not plug in a bootrom (leaving
empty socket). Was reading zeroes anywhere in memory.

Somehow putting in even an empty Flash device allowed
me to initialize the processor correctly and
read/write MV registers and burn the flash via ICE.

- Wim

 > ------------------------------
 >
 > Message: 5
 > Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:19:12 +0200
 > From: "Roel Loeffen" <roel.loeffen at pr...>
 > Subject: [U-Boot-Users] MV64460 Burst reads from
BootCS
 > To: <u-boot-users at li...>
 <7826EB01AD927140A1DCF898FE63325D0D91B1 at Ex...>

 > Hi all,
 >
 > We discover some serious problems accessing flash
at BootCS
 > of the Marvell MV64460. It looks like burst reads
make the
 > whole bridge hang. >From inside U-Boot as well as
using only
 > the BDI2000 debugger.
 >
 > Reading the flash with bursts enabled (which is
default),
 > makes it sometimes impossible to access any
 > registers/dram/devices anymore, only zeros can be
read.

 > It also freezes the CPU somehow the debugger cannot
halt it
 > anymore with a normal halt (COP halt), it has to
use COP
 > freeze to take over control again.
 >
 > I cannot say this problem does not occur accessing
other
 > spaces, so it can also be a problem at the PPC60x
bus.