[U-Boot-Users] Linux Hangs After Uncompressing Kernel

wenwen ww_neu at tom.com
Sat Oct 7 14:59:24 CEST 2006

my kernel is really a huge kernel, i found in u-boot

/*
 * For booting Linux, the board info and command line data
 * have to be in the first 8 MB of memory, since this is
 * the maximum mapped by the Linux kernel during initialization.
 */
#define CFG_BOOTMAPSZ  (8 << 20) /* Initial Memory map for Linux  */

1. does 8MB is the maximum mapped by the Linux kernel during initialization?

2. does it mean i can change the kernel options or u-boot options to fix it?