[U-Boot-Users] Uboot runs but applications do not?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 10 23:44:53 CEST 2006

Dear John,

in message <OF3743CE39.4DE0E0B9-ON86257203.00572AF4-86257203.00585B34 at BJSERVICES.COM> you wrote:
> I am have not been able to run any application.

Why not? What exactly is the problem?

> Using example code Hello_world.c and further simplifying it to .....
> printf("hello world" line only.

This will not work. You must keep the app_startup() call; see
"doc/README.standalone".

> results in.  It seems to me I have not gotten an interface to Uboot stdio
> correct.

Or you simplified the code too much. Just lave it as is.

> Is there an example of BDI-2000 running correctly as Uboot comes up?  I am
> most uncertain about my tools!

Did you read the manual? The DULG is pretty clear about that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To live is always desirable.
	-- Eleen the Capellan, "Friday's Child", stardate 3498.9