[U-Boot-Users] how to use or create u-boot for new board

Purushothaman R hellopurush at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:42:33 CEST 2006

hi,

  I am very new to u-boot. I am trying to develop u-boot for my own custom
board and processor(people say its a flavour of MIPS) but i already
developed a eboot for ARM. So i am strong in Architecture and that stuff.

  What i want to know is

          Through some links i came to know that we need to create four
directory ie (include,lib-ARCH,cpu,board) and we need to create the platform
dependent... How do i start ...do i first need to initiate the post/cpu
directory files or any other directory files any idea...specifically....

       Next is do i need to know the special compiler options like
PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS=(__CPU__) etc...this internally call the struture called
stat...and structure is different for different architectures...actually how
that structure differs for different architectures....

       Atleast suggest me some links....

regards
Purushothaman.R