[U-Boot-Users] software FP yada yada yada

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Thu Oct 12 23:48:45 CEST 2006

On Thursday, October 12, 2006 1:49 PM Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

>>> When I got 1.1.4, I get the infamous message about how u-boot needs
>>> software FP whereas my gcc is set up for hardware fp.
>>>

> According to the crosstool documentation at www.kegel.com:

> Most combinations of gcc 3.x.x and binutils fails when you try to
build a > softfloat toolchain

I could successfully build u-boot 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 for ATMEL at91rm9200
CPU with softfloat option using following Kegel combination:
gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu (linux kernel and root
file systems are also built and working).

However I could run only u-boot 1.1.1 and that only after change:

==== //depot/L150/uboot/u-boot-1.1.1/include/asm-arm/global_data.h#2
(text)
63a64
> #ifdef GD_PTR_IN_REGISTER
64a66,68
> #else
> #define DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR     extern volatile gd_t *gd
> #endif

==== //depot/L150/uboot/u-boot-1.1.1/lib_arm/board.c#3 (text) ====
39a40
> volatile gd_t *gd;

Basically, I don't put gd into the register - crosstool somehow doesn't
compile it properly (I examined the assembler).

Leonid.