[U-Boot-Users] CHANGELOG w/ status update: cmd_of.c, ft_build.c, vsprintf.c, long long print problem

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Oct 13 16:52:27 CEST 2006

Jon Loeliger wrote:
> So, like, the other day Jerry Van Baren mumbled:
>> OK, now for the rest of the subject line (sorry about that, but they are
>> all intertwined via our respective git repositories).
>>
>> My git repository:
>> <http://www.cideas.us/git>
>>
>> Project for this discussion:
>> <http://www.cideas.us/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot/u-boot-pq2fads.git;a=summary>
>
> Cool.  I'll try and track down some time to look at them!
>
>> cmd_of.c, ft_build.c
>> --------------------
>> I've created a "of" command that allows you to dump all or part of a
>> flattened tree.  To make the command more usable, I enhanced ft_build.c
>> to do partial dumps.
>
> Thank you.  You have saved me/Matthew from doing this. :-)

Yerwelcome.  Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that...

One thing I didn't "fix" is that the dump is missing the leading "/" for
the root node, it prints
=> of 300000
  {
     model = "PQ2FADS";
     compatible = "MPC8260ADS";
     #address-cells = <00000001>;
     #size-cells = <00000001>;
     linux,phandle = <00000100>;
     :
     :
     };

instead of
=> of 300000
/ {
^-- missing "/"
     model = "PQ2FADS";
     compatible = "MPC8260ADS";
     #address-cells = <00000001>;
     #size-cells = <00000001>;
     linux,phandle = <00000100>;
     :
     :
     };

This happens because the "/" is put on the end of the old node path when
concatenating the new node, rather than putting in on the start of the
new node when a new node is found (this is a better approach except for
the root node).  Since the first node has no "old" node to concatenate
the "/" to, it never gets added.

I presume this is an error and will fix it.

>> At the moment, my copy of ft_build.c prints 8 byte entries as a double
>> word "<%08x %08x>" rather than using 64 bit prints.
>
> Hmmm... That might be an OK stop-gap, but I don't
> think we should count on that long term, of course.
>
>> gvb
>
> Thanks,
> jdl

gvb