[U-Boot-Users] debug u-boot using bdi2000

Reeve Yang yang.reeve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:41:44 CEST 2006

I'm trying to use bdi2000+gdb to debug u-boot. The image is ROM image on
flash, whenever I connect gdb to bdi, I saw execution stops at:

_start: /* time t 0 */
    li    r21, BOOTFLAG_COLD  /* Normal Power-On: Boot from FLASH*/ ===>here
    nop
    b    boot_cold

Then though I can set break point, e.g. cpu_init_f, but when continue
running break point never stops execution and u-boot just runs by itself.

Does it mean I can only debug ram image? does anyone has experience on this
could shed some lights?

Thanks.

- Reeve