[U-Boot-Users] git top of tree

alayrac christophe.alayrac at univ-orleans.fr
Tue Oct 17 09:38:02 CEST 2006

Wolfgang
Le lundi 16 octobre 2006 à 22:20 +0200, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :
> #git checkout dzu at denx.de
> Oops? why that?
> > #git pull
> What for?
>
> I don't understand what you're trying to do.

I just try to get or activate the top of tree source code to fix
examples make error.

> > #git-clone git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git u-boot
>
> > Could you please tel me how to dowload top of tree?
> You already did.

So after that git clone command, if I build u-boot as follow:
#make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-405-linux-gnu- distclean
#make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-405-linux-gnu- ml300_config
#make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-405-linux-gnu-

then the process stop with error (sorry its in french)

make[1]: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « hello_world.srec », nécessaire pour « all ». Arrêt.
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/alayrac/u-boot/examples »
make: *** [examples] Erreur 2

To fix that error due to make version 3.81 you recommand me to use last version, top of tree.
That is what I'm trying to do with that command git branch, checkout...

You tell me that with that git clone command I've downloaded all available version.
So how did I switch to the last version on my computer to solve that make error?

Best regards,

Chris