[U-Boot-Users] U-boot hang after uncompressing kernel.

Jonas Mark (ST-FIR/ENG1) Mark.Jonas at de.bosch.com
Thu Oct 19 16:52:10 CEST 2006

Ashay,

> I am using u-boot 1.1.4 for Solution Engine Target,I got s-record of
> the u-boot.
>
> I have s-record of u-boot and it is working properly for the uImage of
> linux-2.6.14 kernel.
>
> But it is not working with the linux-2.6.17 kernel.
>
> I am very new to this field and don't know much in this field.
>

> I am writing my complete procedure below:
>
> I am creating image (having filesystem and uImage using mkfs.jffs2
> tool) and transferring it on to the board.
>
> I am transferring srec of u-boot separately.
>
> The above procedure works fine with 2.6.14 but doen't work with 2.6.17

Please always keep the U-Boot mailing list in copy so others might help
you as well and the whole group benefits. Please try to be as specific
as possible when describing your problem. No top posting and no full
quotes helps as well.

Answering the questions I sent you will be a good step in finding a
solution, too. I repeat my questions which have not been answered:

Which board and processor are you using? Many eval boards from Renesas
are named "Solution Engine". I have one named "Solution Engine
MS7720RP01" and it is for the SH7720 processor.

If it is not the official U-Boot distribute by http://www.denx.de/,
where did you get it from?

Do you have the source code of U-Boot and which target did you use to
compile it?

Is it an unmodified kernel from http://www.kernel.org/?

If not, where did you get the kernel from?

Using which configuration options did you compile this kernel?

Best Regards,
Mark

PS: Outlook QuoteFix helps a lot if you have to use Outlook but still
want to properly reply to a post on a mailing list.
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/