[U-Boot-Users] NAND access via custom interface

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Oct 19 19:56:23 CEST 2006

Hi Jack,

On Thursday 19 October 2006 14:56, Jack Hab wrote:
> I'm porting U-Boot to our hardware based on Virtex-II FGPA. We have NAND
> device which cannot be accessed directly but only via our interface which
> takes care of all the control lines and sends the address/command/data
> bytes automatically.

So you have a NAND flash controller on your board, right?

> I understand, low-level macros like NAND_CLRCLE can be skipped.
>
> Will it be OK if I implemet only NAND_WAIT_READY, WRITE_NAND_xxx and
> READ_NAND macros? Or anything else is required.

Seems you are looking at the "old" legacy NAND driver which should _not_ be
used anymore. Please use the "new" NAND driver which makes it also quite easy
to support NAND flash controllers. As an example implementation please take a
look at the cpu/ppc4xx/ndfc.c driver. It's used in the AMCC "sequoia"
(440EPx) board. Another boardspecific example is the
board/prodrive/pdnb3/nand.c driver used by the pdnb3 board.

Best regards,
Stefan