[U-Boot-Users] debugging u-boot

Lei Sun leisun124 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:55:15 CEST 2006

Hi all:
  I am trying to bring up a custom designed board based on MPC8270,
after spent 3 weeks on fixing hardware issues (extreme surgery !) , I
finally be able to read something out of the flash and verified SDRAM
is working as well. Up to this point our JTAG debugger is dead! I
burned u-boot Image using a programmer and put it in. after power up
and did a PORESET, I found out that every 20 seconds or so , system
generated HRESET,( by measuring the HRESET pin of the JTAG port). It
does read Hardware Reset Config Word when reset happens (I saw pulse
on the CS0 pin).  Before the JTAG die, i was able to issue "reset"
command through it and found out the PC stays at 0x100,  but issue
"go" command , the PC became 0x000000fc and hangs.
 My questions are :
1. What's the best way to verify that CPU read correct HRCW ?
2. Any good JTAG debugger for this family of CPU you can recommend ?
We bought Gaurdian-SE from etoolsmith (the company no longer exsit!)
which really sucks!

Thanks!

lei