[U-Boot-Users] CHANGELOG going forward?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 25 21:30:10 CEST 2006

In message <A637ED69-5A22-4B73-9730-58D81113FAED at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
> It sounds like going forward git commit messages will be used for
> CHANGELOG generation?  Is there a particular style that is desired
> for the commit messages?  Should be doing signed-off-by like the kernel?

Yes, the CHANGELOG will be (from time to time) auto-generated from the
git commit messages.

git commit messages should  start  with  a  descriptive  single  line
summary  (which is what we will see as a quick overview in tools like
gitk etc.), eventually followed by additional description.

Yes, please include signed-off-by.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt