[U-Boot-Users] "Partitioning" EEPROM

Stadin, Benjamin Benjamin.Stadin at akad.med.uni-giessen.de
Sun Oct 29 23:03:35 CET 2006

<357D7010018B5848A026BB472199C90B013B808F at mailf01.med.uni-giessen.de> you
wrote:
>> I have an 24c64 EEPROM wired via i2c on an embedded device. I want to
>> "partition" the EEPROM so that I have one node /dev/EEPROM/0 for system
>> and environment stuff, and another entry /dev/EEPROM/1 for custom data
>> for the application.
>
> And what has this top do with U-Boot? You are 100% off topic here.

Well, the U-Boot environment variables are currently stored there on this
device. I'm trying to figure out how I can use part ot the EEPROM without to
interfere with U-Boot. And I'm trying to figure out what U-BOOT uses the
EEPROM for besides the environment and how much space is left on it.

Regards,
Benjamin Stadin