[U-Boot-Users] eth0: Invalid ethernet MAC address

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 1 10:28:58 CEST 2006

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Please read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

In message <003c01c6cd9c$aa064e10$091a1bac at serra.es> you wrote:

> No, you must erase the flash region where the MAC address is stored.
>> Can u-boot allow me to change HW MAC address?

Your reply does not answer the OP's question  and  is  incomplete  or
wrong.

The OP asked about the hardware MAC address,  but  you  are  probably
talking  about  the  "ethaddr"  environment variable, which is a very
different thing.

Also, if the "ethaddr" is write protected or not depends on your board
configuration.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
: ... and it's got weird formatting - Notepad, Write, Works  3  can't
: decipher it, and it's too big to go in DOS Edit. Help!
Install an operating system. :-)                  -- Tom Christiansen