[U-Boot-Users] ls command problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 7 14:21:48 CEST 2006

In message <20060907083522.84524.qmail at web7905.mail.in.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I have some doubts about jffs2

You gotta learn to read error messages.

-------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> add_node failed!
> ls: Failed to scan JFFSv2 file structure

malloc failed is a pretty clear message: U-Boot ran  out  of  memory.
Please  increase  the  size of the malloc areane in your board config
file and try again.

> but from 2nd time onwards it giving the list of my filesystem.
> 1)Why 1st time it's not working ?

You only think it's working, but actually it shows you only part of
the file system.

> 2) Is possible to add new file in jffs2 from u-boot?

No, there is no write support. The fie system is strictly read-only.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Intuition, however illogical, is recognized as a command prerogative.
	-- Kirk, "Obsession", stardate 3620.7